Despite covid uncertainty, we wanted to let you know that Make Music Day will still be happening on 21 June across the world. Unlike traditional music festivals, Make Music Day is an open invitation for everyone to make music anywhere and everywhere. We hope to be taking over the streets with music on 21 June, but if we can’t, we invite you to join one of the online Make Music Day initiatives that will take place no matter what.
- Live From Home Challenge: Record a musical performance at home on 21 June, and tag three friends to challenge them to respond with their own performances. Download our live streaming toolkit.
- Go Rural: Get outdoors and explore nature. Find a remote location and live stream your performance from a beach, mountain, lighthouse etc. Download the Go Rural toolkit.
- Online Music Lessons: Teachers around the world will be offering free, online lessons for a variety of instruments on 21 June.
- Street Studios: Be part of a completely improvised music creation session! Record any sound or musical material on 21 June and upload it to one of the “Street Studio” producers, then watch the producer’s livestream as they incorporate it into a musical track created on the spot, using only the submitted materials.
- Global Livestream: a day-long video stream on 21 June will show the rich diversity of live Make Music Day performances around the world.
- Bring me Sunshine: download one of the many free arrangements of Bring me Sunshine and live stream your performance from wherever you are. https://makemusicday.co.uk/